Saturday, October 10, 2009

Aubrey’s thoughts…

Well, I am not quite the blogger or writer like Brad, but I certainly have some thoughts to share with others.

First of all, I am grateful for the experience! I thoroughly enjoyed getting to know each unique member of our team. We had so much in common, yet learned so much from each other. The power of a human fellowship is immeasurable!

Second of all, I am grateful for the ability to make a difference! Although, I don’t yet know our final fundraising amount, I do know that desperate children will be given an opportunity. Whether it is an opportunity for a warm meal, preventative health care or literature teaching God’s word, I’ve contributed to an opportunity.

Third of all, I am grateful for my health! To be a part of such a physically demanding event leaves me feeling quite fortunate. Each runner was blessed with the strength and endurance to defeat each day’s challenge. Of course, tired legs, fatigued bodies and cold weather headaches, but never the ideation of forfeit.

Brad, I thank you for the invitation to participate in Run for the Pines.

I look forward, with great compassion, to pursuing more of life’s Great Adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment