Wednesday, May 13, 2009

All about Mandy

I started running in high school and ran Track for 4 years at Des Moines Christian High School. I didn't really love the sport but did it because "everyone can run"! I didn't ever work at it or put my heart into running until after I got married.

My husband Tim Ives is an avid runner and it is one of his passions. I believe that is what spurred on my love of running. I started running the usual 5k and realized I was getting faster and faster. When I found out I was pregnant with my first child, I decided my goal would be to complete my first marathon after he was born.


I ran throughout my pregnancy and started training for the marathon 4 weeks after Isaiah was born. I finished the Rhode Island Marathon in 3:52 and had a wonderful experience. Not to mention I was extremely sore. I decided I wanted to run a marathon between each child I had and fell in love with long distance running. I had my second child Lydia in February of 2008 and ran my second marathon, Des Moines marathon in October my goal for that race was to run in under 3:30. My time was 3:29, so I was really pleased.

I have wanted to support the Pines and would love to go there for a visit and to help them, but with my family and the time commitment it requires, have not been able to do so. This is where this crazy run comes in to play. I felt like I was being pulled to join this relay team and that could be a way I could serve the Pines with a talent God had given me. I am really excited about what God is going to do through this and can't wait to see the results!

No comments:

Post a Comment